September 4, 2012

The amazing work that property managers do - the story of one


Below are parts of emails exchanged between myself and a wonderful property manager.

It is hard to read this without getting a tear in your eye. I know that I sure did. Property Managers do a lot more than collect rent. They are often under valued and unappreciated by some. I wanted to shared with you through my blog to show one of the many 'other things' that property managers do other than manage property.

To the property managers reading this, I take my hat off to you and say that you are greatly valued and appreciated by me and I am sure by many others (some just forget to say thank you!). You do an awesome job!

We have a tenant who is 90, we have had him for about 8 years and actually inherited him when the property was sold.

The tenant came up on our arrears list which was very unusual, so we went to the property and left a card in the door.Yesterday morning we received a call from one of the neighbours to say that he had passed away and that the police had  been to the units and told them.
I rang the police yesterday morning to try and confirm as we know this gentleman’s wife passed away a few years again and he had no family.

 Police had no record of him passing away.

 We went to the unit yesterday afternoon to make sure he wasn’t in the unit and to speak to the other neighbours. They told us he passed ways a week or so ago and that the police were the ones that notified them.

In the unit we found the dishes not done, bed not make, glasses ext still there  and looked like he just up and left as it. The mail had not been taken from the letterbox for about 2 weeks.

We then went down to the police station  again and was told they had nothing registered and for us to contact John Tonge  as they should have some record if he has passed away.

 John Tonge had no record and suggested the coroners , they had no record, rang births deaths & marriages they couldn’t help due to the privacy.
 
Going through the mail I noticed a letter from the bank  addressed to the  estate of , so I contacted someone I know in the bank and it seems they were notified by the coroner.

There is no next of kin. One of the other girls & I went to the unit on Saturday to try and go through his personal items and see if we could get anything for his niece on Germany. 
 

We had a lovely working bee and got a lot sorted and packed ready for the salvos to collect .  Well we were going through the wardrobes cleaning and packing his clothes and what do we come across  His wife’s ashes that have been there for 20 years.
We both looked at each other and said what do we do with these! Anyway yesterday I rang the coroner’s office and they contacted the funeral place who picked them up today and will keep with his ashes. After 12 months they will spread them around the rose gardens.

1 comment:

  1. Now-a-days people more like to invest money in real estate property. But people do management of all property purchase and see. Here I get more details about property management.

    HOA Management

    ReplyDelete