October 6, 2011

Tips for Success - What today has reminded me of

On a day of reflection with the sad passing of Steve Jobs and the world trending #isad, a few important life and business lessons have come to my mind. A man that started small and thought big changed the world.

I have had the privilege of coming across a you tube video - 7 Principles that Drove to the Success Steve Jobs

* do what you love - people with passion can change the world for the better - if you haven't found your passion yet, keep looking don't settle
* put a dent in the universe
* connect things to spark your creativity
* say no to 1000 things
* create insanely different experiences
* master the message
* sell dreams not products.

What an amazingly generous man.

When I think of success and successful people, I also think of Corey Parker - Broncos NRL Player. After 10 years, and at age 29, he has been chosen for the Australian League Team for the first time. I had the pleasure of working with Corey some years back - I must say as a teacher of Real Estate and he a student at the time out of interest; his passion for excellence and need to strive to be better was outstanding. Near enough wasn't good enough for Corey; it had to be perfect and he kept trying until it was. One of the top students result wise that I have taught.

Corey Parker, Steve Jobs - to me what do they and other's have in common? Well to me, the key is persistence - never give up.

Thanks for the inspiration and the reminder.

Stacey Holt
www.realestateexcellence.com.au

ps - do yourself a favour and spend six minutes watching this  - what you can learn from Steve Jobs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtT9N9L_4-w&sns=tw

No comments:

Post a Comment