May 18, 2012

Staff safety, attempted rape of an agent

I write this with a heavy heart. I have just been informed of the following from a fellow agent

An attempted rape last night at an open home. It was a young lady who was showing the house and a guy tried to rape her - she got out of it by saying look there is a camera and pointing to one of the alarm sensors and he ran off, it was in an upmarket area of Brisbane too.

We must always treat our safety as the number one priority in our business; this issue above is such a frightening and horrific situation and one that no-one should be exposed to!

This matter has to be considered for all agents and property managers when showing property day and night; where possible have two people available. Although I realise having two people is not always practical, we must remember that we are number one.

Sadly with a certain part of our society being damaged; people steal, are violent or could be sexual offenders. Particularly with after hours inspections with only one person, think seriously after the safety concerns.

Licensees have a duty to ensure staff are safe. Do you have safe work procedures and policies in place?

I hope the young lady is ok, thoughts and prayers with you.

www.realestateexcellence.com.au

2 comments:

  1. That is scary..I had an inspection a few weeks ago after hours, it was the only time the client could go as he was a shift worker.

    I did feel uneasy and thankfully he didn't show anyway...this only makes me think I need to be more careful with what I do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. make sure that you always look after you first! If you feel like that again, don't do the inspection OR have someone with you, take care of you

      Delete